Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Can't locate package AutoLoader for @File::List::ISA at...

Can't locate package AutoLoader for @File::List::ISA at...

Shahriar

Hi Folks,

I just installed *FILE-LIST* from ASP. I am running ASP (see below for
version information)
does any one know about this error:

Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall

Binary build 809 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
Built Feb 3 2004 00:28:51

Regards,

-shahriar

Sisyphus

Shahriar wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I just installed *FILE-LIST* from ASP. I am running ASP (see below for
> version information)
> does any one know about this error:
>
> This is perl, v5.8.3 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
> (with 8 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
>
> Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall
>
> Binary build 809 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
> ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
> Built Feb 3 2004 00:28:51
>
> Regards,
>
> -shahriar

The version of ActiveState perl that you're running probably has nothing
to do with the error you're getting.
What are you doing that's producing the error (ie what code are you
running) ?

Cheers,
Rob

David K. Wall

Shahriar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I just installed *FILE-LIST* from ASP. I am running ASP (see below
> for version information)
> does any one know about this error:

What error? Ah, ok, I see it now -- in the Subject header.

As Rob/Sisyphus asked, what code are you running? Posting a short,
self-contained program that demonstrates the problem will allow
others to help you.

I'm not sure why you're using File::List, anyway. From looking at
http://search.cpan.org/~dopacki/File-List-0.3.1/ , it appears that it
doesn't do anything that can't easily be handled by File::Find -- and
File::Find is a standard module.

> This is perl, v5.8.3 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
> (with 8 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)
>
> Copyright 1987-2003, Larry Wall
>
> Binary build 809 provided by ActiveState Corp.
> http://www.ActiveState.com ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
> Built Feb 3 2004 00:28:51

As Sisyphus said, the perl version shouldn't matter.

SM

The piece of code that generates this is:

use File::List;
my $p = "c:/tools/pcb/bin";
my $search = new File::List($p);
my @S = @{ $search->find("extracta?(\.exe)?\$") };
foreach $s ( @S )
{
print "$s \n";
}

Thansk you for the hint. I will try to use File::Find, if it works out
I will change the code

Regards,

-shahriar

news:40d2d88a$0$28944$(E-Mail Removed)...