Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > CUPS Spool File read by perl

CUPS Spool File read by perl

Mr. Chow Wing Siu

Hi,

I am seeking the perl script to read the /var/spool/cups/c* file
to get the info for job originating host and job owner, etc.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

--
Johnson Chow

Paul Lalli

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Mr. Chow Wing Siu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am seeking the perl script to read the /var/spool/cups/c* file
> to get the info for job originating host and job owner, etc.
>
> Please help. Thanks in advance.

What part do you need help with? What have you done so far? What didn't
work the way you expected it to?

The following documentations are all relevant to your goal. Have you read
them yet? If not, type the following commands in your shell. Once you've
read them, let us know if you don't understand something in them.

perldoc -f open
perldoc -f readline
perldoc perlre

Note that if you are looking for a pre-built script tailor made for your
goals, you have come to the wrong place. For that, you should be posting
a job listing to one of the job newsgroups (this isn't one of them).

Paul Lalli

Sherm Pendley

Mr. Chow Wing Siu wrote:

> I am seeking the perl script to read the /var/spool/cups/c* file
> to get the info for job originating host and job owner, etc.

Have a look at the Net::CUPS module on CPAN. It looks like a lot of what you
want to do has already been done, although the module docs are pretty thin.

sherm--