Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Why does IO::Pipe::END generate an EXCEPT pipe message?

Why does IO::Pipe::END generate an EXCEPT pipe message?

lvirden@gmail.com

I've inherited a massive system which is written mostly
in perl. I'm slowing trying to figure out what the code is
doing.

Anyways, I keep seeing messages like this in the log file
that the application is creating.

IO:ipe::End=GLOB(0x1c31624): EXCEPT pipe 0

I don't see anything in the application that would create this message,
but also, after googling for the message on both usenet and the regular
net, I don't see any mention of it either.

Does this message look familar to anyone? I'm trying to figure out
whether it is some sort of informatory message, a warning, an error, or
what...
--

Ben Morrow

Quoth http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed):

> I've inherited a massive system which is written mostly
> in perl. I'm slowing trying to figure out what the code is
> doing.
>
> Anyways, I keep seeing messages like this in the log file
> that the application is creating.
>
> IO:ipe::End=GLOB(0x1c31625): EXCEPT pipe 0
>
> I don't see anything in the application that would create this message,
> but also, after googling for the message on both usenet and the regular
> net, I don't see any mention of it either.

This message is what you would get if you printed out one of the ends of
an IO:ipe. The ': EXCEPT pipe' bit is almost certainly in the source
literally, so you can search for that to find where the message is
coming from.

Ben

--
Like all men in Babylon I have been a proconsul; like all, a slave ... During
one lunar year, I have been declared invisible; I shrieked and was not heard,