Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > "open in tabs" with Tabbrowser Extensions

"open in tabs" with Tabbrowser Extensions

Lee

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently setting myself up with FireFox 0.9, running on WinXP.
When I first setup several bookmark folders, I was pleased with the
behavior in which choosing "open in tabs" would open all of the
bookmarks in a particular folder in tabs, while _replacing_ whatever
tabs were currently open.

I have then installed the Tabbrowsers Extension which, for the most
part, I am very happy with. However, I now find that when I choose
"open in tabs", the bookmarks within the folder get opened in new tabs
at the end of the currently poen set of tabs. (As a possibly relevant
aside, if I right-click and do "open in tabs" from the bookmark
manager, I still get the old behavior in which the current tab set is
replaced by the bookmarks in the folder!)

I have not been able to find a setting in the extension to change this
behavior, but wouldn't be surprised if I've missed something - any
suggestions?

thanks,
Lee

(It seems that I could define tab sessions within the Tabbrowser
Extension and use those instead, but I like the idea of basing the
tabs on the bookmark folders, so I'd prefer a solution to the above
problem.)

Tabbrowser Preferences V 2.2.2 graeme@invalid Firefox 2 03-10-2005 10:28 PM
Tabbrowser Extensions Chuck Firefox 1 10-18-2004 06:42 PM
Bug in Tabbrowser? (last tab always stays in tab list) Alexander Fischer Firefox 1 10-01-2004 07:40 AM
Tabbrowser extension killed Firefox J Taylor Firefox 3 08-16-2004 07:57 PM
Tabbrowser Preferences vs. Tabbrowser Extensions Colonel Blip Firefox 1 07-13-2004 12:03 AM

Advertisments