Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Email Embedded HTML Doc

Email Embedded HTML Doc

Brian

Gents/Ladies,
Okay, I know I'll probably received some flamation along the
lines, "Why in the world would you want to do that!"
Suffice it to say that it's the simplest way to do it at my
company without having God himself come down and give me certain
permissions to servers.
Anywho... I want to email an HTML document that I've embedded in
a PERL script.
Yes, that's right! No, I didn't stutter!
For a variety of political reasons, that's the best way for me to
skin my cat.
I currently have a PERL script which runs every so often, and
emails out it's results, in a text-based file.
The results are accurate, timely, and incredibly ugly.
I'd like to spruce things up a bit with little HTML.
Now, I've researched too many threads to mention here, but I've
seen several examples of people creating HTML docs in PERL scripts.
However, I've not seen anyone who's trying to email out that doc.
Can someone kindly and gently point me in the right directions.
I just need a little guidance, and certainly a lot o' love!
Mucho thanks,
BKC

Gregory Toomey

Brian wrote:

> Now, I've researched too many threads to mention here, but I've
> seen several examples of people creating HTML docs in PERL scripts.
> However, I've not seen anyone who's trying to email out that doc.

http://gregorytoomey.com/index.php?o...id=8&Itemid=28

gtoomey

Tintin

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Gents/Ladies,
> Okay, I know I'll probably received some flamation along the
> lines, "Why in the world would you want to do that!"
> Suffice it to say that it's the simplest way to do it at my
> company without having God himself come down and give me certain
> permissions to servers.
> Anywho... I want to email an HTML document that I've embedded in
> a PERL script.
> Yes, that's right! No, I didn't stutter!
> For a variety of political reasons, that's the best way for me to
> skin my cat.
> I currently have a PERL script which runs every so often, and
> emails out it's results, in a text-based file.
> The results are accurate, timely, and incredibly ugly.
> I'd like to spruce things up a bit with little HTML.
> Now, I've researched too many threads to mention here, but I've
> seen several examples of people creating HTML docs in PERL scripts.
> However, I've not seen anyone who's trying to email out that doc.
> Can someone kindly and gently point me in the right directions.
> I just need a little guidance, and certainly a lot o' love!
> Mucho thanks,

http://search.cpan.org/~yves/MIME-Li...b/MIME/Lite.pm

perldoc -q 'difference between "perl"'