Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Removing HTML tags: is there a Perl-equivalent to PHP 'strip_tags'?

Removing HTML tags: is there a Perl-equivalent to PHP 'strip_tags'?

Francesco Moi

Hi.

I've got some HTML texts, but I want to remove HTML tags from it.
I mean, convert '<b>foo</b>' into 'foo'.

In PHP you can use 'strip_tags':
http://www.php.net/strip_tags

Is there any Perl-equivalent?

Thanks.

Bill

Francesco Moi wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've got some HTML texts, but I want to remove HTML tags from it.
> I mean, convert '<b>foo</b>' into 'foo'.
>
> In PHP you can use 'strip_tags':
> http://www.php.net/strip_tags
>
> Is there any Perl-equivalent?
>
> Thanks.

Why not google for it first?

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pe...gle.com&rnum=3

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Bill wrote:
> Francesco Moi wrote:
>> I've got some HTML texts, but I want to remove HTML tags from it.
>> I mean, convert '<b>foo</b>' into 'foo'.
>>
>> In PHP you can use 'strip_tags':
>> http://www.php.net/strip_tags
>>
>> Is there any Perl-equivalent?

> Why not google for it first?