Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > System.Web.HttpException: External component has thrown an exception

System.Web.HttpException: External component has thrown an exception

Ryan

Hello

I AM POSTING THIS WITH THE INTENT TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE WHO MAY HAVE
THIS PROBLEM.... I DONT NEED HELP

I was getting the following error in one of my applications which was
installed on another computer. At first I could not find the reason
this error was happening; however, after some testing I realized this
is the error that will show up when debugging isn't on and there in an
error on the aspx part of the page.

So anyways... I advise to look at your aspx page first.

Ryan

----------------

System.Web.HttpException: External component has thrown an exception.
---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: External component has thrown an
exception.
at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.ThrowIfCompile rErrors(CompilerResults
results, CodeDomProvider codeProvider, CodeCompileUnit sourceData,
String sourceFile, String sourceString)
at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledTyp e()
at System.Web.UI.PageParser.CompileIntoType()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThr oughCompilation()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInt ernal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetP arserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledIns tance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceIn ternal(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpCo ntext context,
String requestType, String url, String path)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpCont ext context,
String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
useAppConfig)
at System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Http Application+IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)