Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to acces all of the archieves of google using perl and NNTP protocal? help

How to acces all of the archieves of google using perl and NNTP protocal? help

alex

hi,

I want to download the archieves of one newsgroup and analyse them?
Does anybody know how to get all the news? my local server just store
the late news. IF anybody know the google server name, that could
help. And thanks.

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
alex <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: I want to download the archieves of one newsgroup and analyse them?
oes anybody know how to get all the news? my local server just store
:the late news. IF anybody know the google server name, that could
:help. And thanks.

Google has multiple servers, and they don't give out nntp feeds
(at least not casually.) Google also places limits on the number of
hits that may be generated per query (about 1000.)

Google does not carry *all* the news. There's a flag you can set
in your headers (or as the first line of your posting) to cause
google to ignore the posting.

Depending how far back you need to go, you might find Supernews
adequate.
--
This is not the same .sig the second time you read it.