Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > script aborting

script aborting

joe

1/1000 times this statement fails msg = parsed->body; using email mime
modules. i am using strict on my pl file, is there a way to cause the
script to keep running when this statement fails? thanks.

Tad McClellan

joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> 1/1000 times this statement fails msg = parsed->body;

What does "fails" mean when you say it?

Are any messages issued? What do they say exactly?

> using email mime
> modules.

There are lots of them. Which one are you using?

> i am using strict on my pl file,

Are you getting messages about strict violations?

> is there a way to cause the
> script to keep running when this statement fails?

That depends on how it fails, and you haven't told us how it fails.

A diagnosis is much easier to make if you know a symptom or two...

Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas