Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Perl binary distribution with threads support

Perl binary distribution with threads support

Yash

Hi,
Can anyone point me to a Perl binary distribution for HP-UX 11i with
support for threads?
The one at http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux...es/perl-5.8.3/
has been compiled without threads support.

If I run my program I get the following message:
This Perl has neither ithreads nor 5005threads at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.3/Thread.pm line 335
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.3/Thread.pm line 335.
Compilation failed in require at ./prog.pl line 307.

Also, if I do /usr/local/bin/perl -V,
it gives:
Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 3)
configuration:
Platform:
osname=hpux, osvers=11.00, archname=PA-RISC2.0
uname='hp-ux ness b.11.00 a 9000780 2012209406 two-user license '
config_args='-d -e -Dcc=gcc -Dprefix=/usr/local useposix=true'
usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef
usemultiplicity=undef
which means the perl has not been compiled with threads support.

Jack Challen

Yash wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone point me to a Perl binary distribution for HP-UX 11i with
> support for threads?
> The one at http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux...es/perl-5.8.3/
> has been compiled without threads support.

HP's supplied version has been compiled with thread support.

You can get it from
http://www.software.hp.com/portal/sw...uctNumber=PERL

-or-
http://tinyurl.com/2cfjt

I'm pretty sure that that version has been compiled with HP's Ansi C
compiler, so you may run into problems when installing XS modules though.

Cheers
jack