Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Anything better than ExtUtils::MakeMaker ?

Anything better than ExtUtils::MakeMaker ?

Irving Kimura

I once read in c.l.p.m. something to the effect that ExtUtils::MakeMaker
was really a short-term stop-gap solution, never intended to become
the workhorse module that it is today. (Cynics may reply that Perl
itself started out as a "short-term stop-gap solution").

I don't know how much truth there is to all of this, but I have to
say that I find ExtUtils::MakeMaker inflexible and all-around
difficult to use. Is there anything better out there?

Thanks!

Irv
--
NOTE: In my address everything before the period is backwards.

Jon Ericson

Irving Kimura <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I don't know how much truth there is to all of this, but I have to
> say that I find ExtUtils::MakeMaker inflexible and all-around
> difficult to use. Is there anything better out there?

Module::Build claims to be a replacement for ExtUtils::MakeMaker.

Jon