Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Script to kill defunct and zombie processes

Script to kill defunct and zombie processes

Srini Vuggumudi

Hello Friends,

While browsing the messages in this new group, I found that a couple
of people tried and successful in cleaning the defunct and zombie
process using a PERL or shell script.

If you have a working script that cleans defuncts and zombies , could
you please post it? I appreciate your help. I do not have experience
with SIGNALS in PERL.

Also, here is my problem:

I have an apache/mysql/perl/Linux environment running cgis. My
webserver runs fine for a couple of days. After a month or so, it
starts running really slow (if someone try to access the URL, the
response will be slow). When the webserver responses are slow, If I do
ps -aef, I do see a lot of defunts. Aslo, if I do "top", I do see the
zombies count as 60 - 70. I believe these defunts and zombies may be
taking my webserver's resources and making it run slow.

Any suggesstions?

If you have a working script that cleans defuncts and zombies , could
you please post it? I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Srini

Defunct Processes With subprocess.Popen John Abel Python 2 05-12-2005 07:53 AM
Look UK eBayers, going dirt cheap, Zombie (aka Zombie Flesh Eaters) R1 Peter Row DVD Video 0 08-27-2004 03:02 PM
Script to kill defunct and zombie processes Srini Vuggumudi Perl Misc 4 05-01-2004 12:14 AM
<defunct> processes Gordon Beaton Java 4 11-07-2003 06:18 PM
plouk zombie plouk zombie serge.john.swilting Perl Misc 1 08-20-2003 06:43 AM

Advertisments