Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > mod_perl, apache

mod_perl, apache

Matija Papec

I would like to change UserID for Apache (1.3.xx) process when it
serves php scripts. I know that Apache 2 has built in support, but I
would like to make quick fix for older version. Is that possible?

Where should I look,
http://search.cpan.org/~gozer/mod_perl-1.29/ ?

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Matija Papec wrote:
> I would like to change UserID for Apache (1.3.xx) process when it
> serves php scripts. I know that Apache 2 has built in support, but
> I would like to make quick fix for older version. Is that possible?
>
> Where should I look,

Not in a Usenet group for the Perl programming language.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Matija Papec

Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> serves php scripts. I know that Apache 2 has built in support, but
>> I would like to make quick fix for older version. Is that possible?
>>
>> Where should I look,

>Not in a Usenet group for the Perl programming language.

I guess, it's slightly related to perl modules.

--
Matija

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Matija Papec wrote:
> Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
>> Matija Papec wrote:
>>> serves php scripts. I know that Apache 2 has built in support,
>>> but I would like to make quick fix for older version. Is that
>>> possible?
>>>
>>> Where should I look,

>> Not in a Usenet group for the Perl programming language.

> I guess, it's slightly related to perl modules.

In the subject line you mention mod_perl, but then you talk about
serving PHP scripts, and that's done through mod_php, isn't it? To me
it sounds as if your problem is much better suited for an Apache group.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Matija Papec

Gunnar Hjalmarsson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I guess, it's slightly related to perl modules.

>In the subject line you mention mod_perl, but then you talk about
>serving PHP scripts, and that's done through mod_php, isn't it? To me
>it sounds as if your problem is much better suited for an Apache group.

Tnx, but actually mod_perl has ability to access Apache guts, so I was
wandering if there is perl interface to changing UIDS of httpd childs.

--
Matija