Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Cache expiring

Cache expiring

Bogdan Fiedur

Hi All,

Recently our production server asp.net cache expires on average every 5
seconds.
Any clues why is this happening and how to fix it.

Bogdan Fiedur

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Bogdan,

I don't know why the cache is expiring so fast. What I do though, is
instead of using the Cache() object directly I wrap it in my own class.
That class contains the logic to test if the Cache() object I'm looking for
is Nothing and if it is refill it. Are you setting any dependencies that
might be triggered? Is your server low on memory? You could maybe try
setting the priority to high and see if that keeps it around a little
longer. Also you might want to try testing on another server. If the cache
doesn't clear as quickly take a look at your IIS and .Net settings. Good
luck! Ken.

--
Ken Dopierala Jr.
For great ASP.Net web hosting try: