Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > setting system wide value for SYSTEM_FD_MAX

setting system wide value for SYSTEM_FD_MAX

Hemant Shah

Folks,

We have several perl scripts that passes a file description to another perl
script. This was working fine under perl 5.6 and also work fine under perl
5.8.3 under AIX. Recently we upgraded our linux systems to 5.8.3 and the
scripts stopped working unless I manually increase the valuse of
SYSTEM_FD_MAX in the script.

What is difference between perl 5.8.3 on AIX and Linux?
How can I set system wide value to SYSTEM_FD_MAX or ^F?

Thanks.

--
Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
E-mail: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) \ / ---------------------