Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Need help with Parsing HTML

Need help with Parsing HTML

Danny

I would like to parse an HTML file by extracting the the contents of a form.
Like the form objects such as the values and names
name = idnumber value = 4
name = productname value = scooter
there are a few forms per page to read in, I would like to store in an array
or to a text file

Thanks in advance

Bob Walton

Danny wrote:

> I would like to parse an HTML file by extracting the the contents of a form.
> Like the form objects such as the values and names
> name = idnumber value = 4
> name = productname value = scooter
> there are a few forms per page to read in, I would like to store in an array
> or to a text file

Modules are your friend. For this, check out the HTML:arser module:

perldoc HTML:arser

This module should already be on your hard drive.
--
Bob Walton