Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Interacting w/another App on Win32

Interacting w/another App on Win32

Anthony M. Saffer

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to find some information about how to do something but I
don't even know what to search for. Here's the deal: I am writing a
visual interface to Win32 command line tool. At some point, I will
need to pass information to and read information from the other
application. Is there a way to do this in Perl without the need to
spawn a "DOS window"?

Thanks,
Anthony

David K. Wall

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Anthony M. Saffer) wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm trying to find some information about how to do something but I
> don't even know what to search for. Here's the deal: I am writing a
> visual interface to Win32 command line tool. At some point, I will
> need to pass information to and read information from the other
> application. Is there a way to do this in Perl without the need to
> spawn a "DOS window"?

perldoc -f system
perldoc -f exec

Or look in perlop for qx/STRING/ or `STRING` (backticks, not single-quotes).

Anthony M. Saffer

"David K. Wall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> perldoc -f system
> perldoc -f exec
>
> Or look in perlop for qx/STRING/ or `STRING` (backticks, not single-quotes).

Thank you very much!

Anthony

Interacting With A Terminal App tpurl Perl Misc 4 03-07-2006 05:14 PM
Interacting w/IOS Kev Cisco 2 09-27-2004 07:44 PM
Shared Memory between Java app and second, win32 app Aaron Boxer Java 2 05-10-2004 10:30 PM
Interacting with Windows Services Timothy Parez ASP .Net 1 05-07-2004 01:19 AM
Usercontrol interacting with it's parent page? John ASP .Net 4 07-02-2003 03:38 AM

Advertisments