Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > XML best practices (was: Python as replacement for PHP?)

XML best practices (was: Python as replacement for PHP?)

Cameron Laird

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
simo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Matt Garrish

"Cameron Laird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
> simo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> .
> .
> .
> >Perl - bloody fast, if you're doing lots of text processing/regex
> >(e.g. XML parsing) then Perl is it, probably best for sysadmin tasks
> >too. We use this for large reports at work. I love its hash handling

> .
> Let me get this straight: your preferred vehicle for XML
> parsing is Perl regular expressions? That's ... well, it's
> a different impression than I've ever gained from anyone
> else with deep XML experience. It's sure not my first
> instinct.

Not sure what the entire context of this thread is, but I get the impression
that you've misread what he was saying. XML parsing is an example of text
processing, and there are a number of Perl modules that can be used for that
task. Perl probably wouldn't be my first choice for parsing markup languages
(I'd personally use Omnimark), but it is all things to all people.

Matt

Andy Dingley

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:54:49 -0000, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Cameron Laird)
wrote:

>Let me get this straight: your preferred vehicle for XML
>parsing is Perl regular expressions? That's ... well,

Rather more restrained a comment than I'd be capable of expressing ?

Giles Brown

Andy Dingley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:54:49 -0000, (E-Mail Removed) (Cameron Laird)
> wrote:
>
> >Let me get this straight: your preferred vehicle for XML
> >parsing is Perl regular expressions? That's ... well,

> Rather more restrained a comment than I'd be capable of expressing ?

http://www.usingenglish.com/glossary/litotes.html maybe?

Best Codeplex sample for showing best coding practices? John Dalberg ASP .Net 3 11-16-2006 12:07 PM
XML parsing best practices stas Java 2 06-28-2004 02:41 PM
whidbey/asp.net: best practices for generating XML and binding to treeview? Ken Fine ASP .Net 0 05-17-2004 04:28 AM
XML best practices (was: Python as replacement for PHP?) Cameron Laird XML 3 03-03-2004 09:15 PM
Best sample app for learning best practices, OO & asp.net? karim ASP .Net 0 07-13-2003 04:26 AM

Advertisments