Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Questions on PAR

Questions on PAR

chatiman

Hello,

I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.
Here 's a few question about it :
- Does PAR compile perl source scripts into perl bytecode or does it just
ompress the source code ?
- How do you use Filters to archieve source code obfuscation ?
- How difficult is it to "decompile" code obfuscated with PAR ?

Thanks

Tad McClellan

chatiman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

chatiman

"Tad McClellan" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
(E-Mail Removed)...
> chatiman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

> What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?

source code obfuscation has I saw it mentioned on :
http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/PAR...#Code_Obfuscat
ion

but this is not (well) documented or I can't understand what it is said with
my poor english skills

> --
> Tad McClellan SGML consulting
> (E-Mail Removed) Perl programming
> Fort Worth, Texas

Matt Garrish

"chatiman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4038cd1e$0$2469$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tad McClellan" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
> > chatiman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

> > What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?
> >

> source code obfuscation has I saw it mentioned on :

http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/PAR...#Code_Obfuscat
> ion

But the question remains, why for your CGI scripts? Are they located on an
insecure server? Web surfers shouldn't have read access to your source code
unless you've misconfigured your server, so you shouldn't need to compile
them into executables.

Matt

Matt Garrish

"chatiman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4038cd1e$0$2469$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tad McClellan" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
> > chatiman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

> > What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?
> >

> source code obfuscation has I saw it mentioned on :

http://search.cpan.org/~autrijus/PAR...#Code_Obfuscat
> ion
>
> but this is not (well) documented or I can't understand what it is said

with
> my poor english skills

You might also want to check out the following site:

http://par.perl.org/

Matt

Tad McClellan

chatiman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Tad McClellan" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
>> chatiman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > I'm interested in using PAR for my CGI scripts.

>> What to you hope to gain by using PAR for your CGI scripts?
>>

> source code obfuscation

What to you hope to gain by having source code obfuscation for
your CGI scripts?