Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > MakeMaker problem

MakeMaker problem

Guru03

Hi, I want to put my executables of EXE_FILES into /usr/sbin with:

INSTALLSITEDIR => '/usr/sbin'

but the MakeMaker tells me:

'INSTALLSITEBIN' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.

That word is reported on the CPAN site. This happens in both 5.50 and
latest version.

Bill

Guru03 wrote:
> Hi, I want to put my executables of EXE_FILES into /usr/sbin with:
>
> INSTALLSITEDIR => '/usr/sbin'
>
> but the MakeMaker tells me:
>
> 'INSTALLSITEBIN' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
>
> That word is reported on the CPAN site. This happens in both 5.50 and
> latest version.

I don't know that word. However, maybe, just maybe TMTOWTDI. Can you set
INST_SCRIPT to your bin directory?

from the docs for makemaker:

EXE_FILES

Ref to array of executable files. The files will be copied to the
INST_SCRIPT directory. Make realclean will delete them from there again.

Guru03

Bill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I don't know that word. However, maybe, just maybe TMTOWTDI. Can you set
> INST_SCRIPT to your bin directory?
>
> from the docs for makemaker:

> EXE_FILES
>
> Ref to array of executable files. The files will be copied to the
> INST_SCRIPT directory. Make realclean will delete them from there again.

I tried:

EXE_FILES = ['exec.pl'];

INST_SCRIPT = '/usr/sbin';

but it doesn't work.

Bill

Guru03 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns949362E09DFDAGuru03despammedcom@193.43.96 .1>...
> I tried:
>
> EXE_FILES = ['exec.pl'];
>
> INST_SCRIPT = '/usr/sbin';
>
> but it doesn't work.

instead of 'exec.pl' use something in the source tree the makefile uses, like

'/lib/dir/exec.pl'