Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > how to download part of a pdf file

how to download part of a pdf file

KK

Hi there, Just wondering if any of the perl modules allow me to
download only a part of a pdf file (infact, I need only the first
page)?
Regards,
-KK

James Willmore

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 12:38:26 -0800, KK wrote:

> Hi there, Just wondering if any of the perl modules allow me to
> download only a part of a pdf file (infact, I need only the first
> page)?

Ouch! I don't think you can do that at all.

Once you have the whole PDF, you *can* use one of the PDF modules to get
only what you need - but this is only a guess.

Maybe someone else will chime in to (in)validate what I've said.

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
Good day to avoid cops. Crawl to school.