Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Pearl "Print Statement" Question

Pearl "Print Statement" Question

Information

I have a statement that displays on a response screen.

print "Your entry will be added...\n";

Is there a way of changing the "white" background to a particular
color from within the print statement? I would love to be able to
display graphics, etc. above the text display.

I've search for "print" parameters but can't seem to find any.

Thanks for your time.

Information

Bernard El-Hagin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)-tech>...
> On 2004-02-09, Information <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I have a statement that displays on a response screen.
> >
> > print "Your entry will be added...\n";
> >
> > Is there a way of changing the "white" background to a particular
> > color from within the print statement? I would love to be able to
> > display graphics, etc. above the text display.
> >
> > I've search for "print" parameters but can't seem to find any.

> perldoc -q 'color'

Thanks! I was also able to find this statement as well for
controlling the entire page background: print "<body
bgcolor=\"#FFD618\">\n";

Thanks again for your assistance.

gnari

"Information" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Bernard El-Hagin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
news:<(E-Mail Removed)-tech>...
> > On 2004-02-09, Information <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > I have a statement that displays on a response screen.
> > >
> > > print "Your entry will be added...\n";
> > >
> > > Is there a way of changing the "white" background to a particular
> > > color from within the print statement? I would love to be able to
> > > display graphics, etc. above the text display.
> > >
> > > I've search for "print" parameters but can't seem to find any.

> > perldoc -q 'color'

> Thanks! I was also able to find this statement as well for
> controlling the entire page background: print "<body
> bgcolor=\"#FFD618\">\n";
>
> Thanks again for your assistance.

AAAARGH!
it was a CGI question after all !

gnari

Information

SNIP
> AAAARGH!
> it was a CGI question after all !
>
> gnari

Gosh, I should have said it was a CGI question. Hey, you couldn't
read my mind? SMILE

Thanks again.

Tad McClellan

Information <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> AAAARGH!
>> it was a CGI question after all !

> Gosh, I should have said it was a CGI question.

Gosh, you should have posted it to a newsgroup that is
somehow related to CGI then.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

Information

SNIP
> Gosh, you should have posted it to a newsgroup that is
> somehow related to CGI then.

Gosh - wish I was as smart as you! If I was, I probably wouldn't have
had to post the message to begin with.

Tad McClellan

Information <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Gosh, you should have posted it to a newsgroup that is
>> somehow related to CGI then.

> Gosh - wish I was as smart as you! If I was,

Then you wouldn't have gotten so many killfile entries.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
(E-Mail Removed) Perl programming

Pearl Harbor Rot? OldNKranky DVD Video 2 05-26-2004 12:19 PM
What is the best Pearl Jam song ever? joemono Digital Photography 11 04-12-2004 03:48 AM
Need help with CGI/PEARL script Jack B. Pollack Computer Support 1 01-08-2004 03:45 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: UNDERGROUND, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 01-05-2004 10:04 AM
Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl Jo Ann DVD Video 3 09-14-2003 03:24 PM

Advertisments