Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > HTTP Get

HTTP Get

Tom

Does anyone know of issues where newlines are sometimes present in
downloaded web pages and sometimes not?
The source isn't changing, nor are the web pages, but it appears randon as
to whether or not the newlines show up.
Using NTTP, they always showed up, but can't use that anymore, getting bad
requests.

Thanks,
Tom

Joe Smith

Tom wrote:

> Does anyone know of issues where newlines are sometimes present in
> downloaded web pages and sometimes not?
> The source isn't changing, nor are the web pages, but it appears randon as
> to whether or not the newlines show up.
> Using NTTP, they always showed up, but can't use that anymore, getting bad
> requests.

Rip out all the IO code in your program and replace it with
use LWP::Simple;
It will take care of all the "bad request" problems.
-Joe

Tom

> > Using NTTP, they always showed up, but can't use that anymore, getting
bad
> > requests.

> Rip out all the IO code in your program and replace it with
> use LWP::Simple;
> It will take care of all the "bad request" problems.
> -Joe

Thanks, already did this and it works great.

Http post and http get n3d!m Python 2 02-06-2012 09:18 PM
HTTP::Post - HTTP::Get (Can someone help me?) Fred Ruby 17 04-25-2008 07:12 PM
How to send a http::get or http::post with a cookie? mrpink Ruby 2 04-22-2007 07:57 AM
HTTP GET vs HTTP POST protocol serge calderara ASP .Net Web Services 1 11-04-2005 01:27 PM

Advertisments