Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Please repost post r-armed.r040 armed and dangerous

Please repost post r-armed.r040 armed and dangerous

help, How do I add multiple emails to this script

# if you would like to be notified of uploads, enter your email address
# between the SINGLE quotes. leave this blank if you would not like to be notified
$notify = '(E-Mail Removed)';

Walter Roberson

In article <ghhTb.15779$QJ3.14460@fed1read04>, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:help, How do I add multiple emails to this script

:# if you would like to be notified of uploads, enter your email address
:# between the SINGLE quotes. leave this blank if you would not like to be notified
:$notify = '(E-Mail Removed)';

Insufficient information -- it depends how whatever program you
are using (which you don't mention) processes the variable, and it
depends on how the program does the mailing, which in turn may depend
on how your system mailer is configured.

Most likely, though, you should simply list the addresses inside
the quotes, with comma as a separator, and no spaces:

$notify - '(E-Mail Removed),(E-Mail Removed)';
--
Disobey all self-referential sentences!

Tad McClellan

<(E-Mail Removed)> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Subject: Please repost post r-armed.r040 armed and dangerous

What does that mean?

What is "r-armed.r040"?

> help, How do I add multiple emails to this script

^^^^^^^^^^^

What script?

There is no script in your article, only a single line of
code that makes no output.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas

A. Sinan Unur

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ghhTb.15779$QJ3.14460@fed1read04:

> help, How do I add multiple emails to this script
>
> # if you would like to be notified of uploads, enter your email
> address # between the SINGLE quotes. leave this blank if you would not
> like to be notified $notify = '(E-Mail Removed)';

Do not post the same inane question multiple times.

--
A. Sinan Unur
(E-Mail Removed) (reverse each component for email address)

Jürgen Exner

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

Sorry, you must be using some proprietary identification schema for Usenet
articles. I can't find teh post "r-armed.r040 armed and dangerous" anywhere.

> help, How do I add multiple emails to this script
>
> # if you would like to be notified of uploads, enter your email
> address # between the SINGLE quotes. leave this blank if you would
> not like to be notified $notify = '(E-Mail Removed)';

What script? There is just one single line of code.

And what do you mean by "adding email to script"? Do you want to append the
body of emails to your script (not that that would make any sense to me, but
who knows what you have in mind)?
Well, what about copy-and-paste in your favourite editor?

jue