Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox, getting pulldown bookmarks sorted?

Firefox, getting pulldown bookmarks sorted?

Galaxy

I've looked at the archived messages for this ng but still can't make
heads or tails of it.

The sort in the bookmark manager sorts them just fine there but leaves
the pulldown in no different order than before. It apparently was a
bug in Mozilla, but couldn't find any info if this has been fixed in
Firefox.

Can anyone direct me to the solution, pls? I've managed to adapt to
Firefox over years of IE use, but this is one thing that I can't live
with as it is!

Thanks.

Quivis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,

8>< /snip
> Firefox over years of IE use, but this is one thing that I can't live
> with as it is!

I think I know what you're after, but sadly it isn't yet possible. At
least not to my knowledge. You have to manually sort the bookmarks in
the manager for them to be sorted in the drop down menu.

The only thing I can think of is to open the bookmark file in an HTML
editor and sort the lines in there. If it makes it easier or not, I
don't know. Just a thought...

HTH

Q.

Galaxy

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:25:00 +0200, Quivis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>8>< /snip
>> Firefox over years of IE use, but this is one thing that I can't live
>> with as it is!

>I think I know what you're after, but sadly it isn't yet possible. At
>least not to my knowledge. You have to manually sort the bookmarks in
>the manager for them to be sorted in the drop down menu.
>
>The only thing I can think of is to open the bookmark file in an HTML
>editor and sort the lines in there. If it makes it easier or not, I
>don't know. Just a thought...

There's the Sort Bookmarks extension. It works perfectly.
http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#sortbookmarks

>HTH
>

>Q.

Quivis

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> There's the Sort Bookmarks extension. It works perfectly.
> http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#sortbookmarks

Thanks. Have to test this.

Q.

Galaxy

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:35:04 +0200, Quivis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>> There's the Sort Bookmarks extension. It works perfectly.
>> http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#sortbookmarks

>Thanks. Have to test this.
>

>Q.

I'm very pleased with this. Every time I add a bookmark, it gets sent
down to the bottom of the pile. This extension adds a "Sort
bookmarks" option in the bookmarks pulldown menu and it sorts _all_
the bookmarks, no matter where there were, both main folders and those
nested within folders.

So without this extension, over time the sort order would become a
mess. This allows us to keep everything alphabetical. I know I'm not
the only one, but I name everything very carefully no matter what
program or where something is located on my hdd. So to find things
easily, I also need everything sorted in alphanumeric order.

Good luck!