Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla 1.7 will not start. Please help

Mozilla 1.7 will not start. Please help

uno ono

I am running 98SE, Abit KT7A-RAID mb 512mb RAM, dual boot with win2000
PRO sp3, Athlon XP 1900+. I have used Mozilla for years and love it. I
installed 1.7 and it was working fine until I had a registry problem
and had to replace the registry with one from a couple of weeks ago.

After that, Mozilla will not start. sometimes it will get as far as
the splash screen, sometimes absolutely nothing happens. No errors,
nothing like that, just doesn't start. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

GFRfan

uno ono wrote:

> I am running 98SE, Abit KT7A-RAID mb 512mb RAM, dual boot with win2000
> PRO sp3, Athlon XP 1900+. I have used Mozilla for years and love it. I
> installed 1.7 and it was working fine until I had a registry problem
> and had to replace the registry with one from a couple of weeks ago.
>
> After that, Mozilla will not start. sometimes it will get as far as
> the splash screen, sometimes absolutely nothing happens. No errors,
> nothing like that, just doesn't start. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.

Does it work at least once after a reboot?

--
Yard and Garden Handyman Services

Michael C.

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:54:25 GMT,
uno ono <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am running 98SE, Abit KT7A-RAID mb 512mb RAM, dual boot with win2000
> PRO sp3, Athlon XP 1900+. I have used Mozilla for years and love it. I
> installed 1.7 and it was working fine until I had a registry problem
> and had to replace the registry with one from a couple of weeks ago.
>
> After that, Mozilla will not start. sometimes it will get as far as
> the splash screen, sometimes absolutely nothing happens. No errors,
> nothing like that, just doesn't start. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.

If it is listed as installed, I'd try to uninstall. Reinstall. I'd
save my profile just in case.

Michael C.
--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

Talking to yourself - first sign of madness.
Answering yourself back - first sign of schizophrenia.
I go one better: If I don't like the answer ...
I put it to a majority vote.

uno ono

Thank you all. I uninstalled, and reinstalled and it still did not
work. So I uninstalled, then ran Norton Windoctor, found some mozilla
related registry entries, had Windoctor to delete all those,
reinstalled and now it is working just fine.

However, a friend has the same problem, click on the Icon or even on
the program icon in the moz directory and you get absolutely nothing.
No errors, nothing. I have tried what worked on mine, but nothing
changed. He is running 98SE on an older HP desktop.

He just had some worm and trojan problems and that is when Mozilla
quit working. I cleaned the virii out and everything else, including
an old install of Netscape 4.7 is working fine. Just no Mozilla.

Any ideas???????