Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to read the contents of the web page

How to read the contents of the web page

myhandle@lucent.com

Hi All,

http://www.startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm

I want to read the contents of this page.
Actually i want to write a perl script which will fetch the schedule of the
particular day.
I'll extend this script to fetch shcedule of any channel for any day.
To start with i have the follwoing simple script:

#!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe -w
use LWP::Simple;

getprint"http://www.startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm";

when i run it ( on windows machine) i het the following error

500 Can't connect to www.startv.com:80 (connect: Unknown error)
<URL:http://www.startv.com/eng/frame_schedule.cfm>

I'm behind proxy

Any help