Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > how to put file(s) from a webform (on windows) to a unix/linux machine ?

how to put file(s) from a webform (on windows) to a unix/linux machine ?

Jonay Herrera

Hello,

I have question:

How I can put file(s) from windows ( throught a webform) to
Unix/linux machine (webserver) ?

why ?

to do with the asked file some other operations on linux or
unix (also perlscripts )and give the output back to my
webbrowser ...

thanks,

jonay herrera

Ragnar Hafstaš

"Jonay Herrera" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello,
>
> I have question:
>
> How I can put file(s) from windows ( throught a webform) to
> Unix/linux machine (webserver) ?

you use a html form input type 'file'
look at the CGI module.
there are better newsgroups for your question, like comp.infosystem.www.*
come back here when you have a Perl question.

gnari

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Ragnar Hafstaš wrote:
> Jonay Herrera wrote:
>> How I can put file(s) from windows ( throught a webform) to
>> Unix/linux machine (webserver) ?

> you use a html form input type 'file'
> look at the CGI module.

This script:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm....uni-berlin.de

might help you get started. It's supposed to be invoked from this
form:

<form method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"
action="/cgi-bin/upload.pl">
<input type="file" name="myfile">
<input type="submit">
</form>