Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > adobe multiline substitution

adobe multiline substitution

Justin

Hi,

First off, I must apologise for cross posting.

I am having difficulty creating a pdf document using perl cgi to do
substitution for multiline pdf form fields. I created a pdf template/file
with substitution variables. The file is then read and variables substituted
using pattern matching. When I view the pdf multiline form field using
acrobat, the field seems to be truncated. Upon view the properties of the
multiline text field, I can see all the data in the field, but it still
doesn't view correctly. I then view the properties, and just change/add a
space using acrobat, the data then displays over multi lines.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong.

Many thanks ,

Jim Keenan

"Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:br2ms4$86i$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> First off, I must apologise for cross posting.

Then why cross-post in the first place? One of the 3 groups to which you
posted (comp.lang.perl) has been deprecated for years. Another
(clp.modules) is appropriate if you have questions regarding use of a
particular Perl module. CGI questions are best handled on newsgroups
devoted to CGI.

Have you read the Posting Guidelines for this list? Please do so before
posting again. The guidelines will both tell you what to do *before*
posting (and in the process teach you a lot about figuring out Perl problems
yourself) and advise you on what constitutes a proper post (e.g., post
should include the Perl code that's giving you problems).

> I am having difficulty creating a pdf document using perl cgi to do
> substitution for multiline pdf form fields. I created a pdf template/file
> with substitution variables. The file is then read and variables

substituted
> using pattern matching. When I view the pdf multiline form field using
> acrobat, the field seems to be truncated. Upon view the properties of the
> multiline text field, I can see all the data in the field, but it still
> doesn't view correctly. I then view the properties, and just change/add a
> space using acrobat, the data then displays over multi lines.
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong.

If you "can see all the data in the field," I would infer that Perl is
picking up the data it's supposed to. This seems to be more of a problem in
Adobe Acrobat than in Perl.

jimk