Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How do we Call an external routine in Perl

How do we Call an external routine in Perl

Bazil

Is there a way to call/ launch an external command in perl
I mean for example call a Java script or a shortcut of some sort.

Thanks for any suggestion

Gregory Toomey

It was a dark and stormy night, and Bazil managed to scribble:

> Is there a way to call/ launch an external command in perl
> I mean for example call a Java script or a shortcut of some sort.
>
> Thanks for any suggestion

Browsers call javascript, not Perl.

In linux/unix, the system() command calls an external program, either a shell script or an executable.

gtoomey

Tad McClellan

Bazil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there a way to call/ launch an external command in perl

^^^^^^^^

perldoc -q external

You are expected to check the Perl FAQ *before* posting to
the Perl newsgroup.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas