Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Porblem installing DateTime::Format::Epoch

Porblem installing DateTime::Format::Epoch

Nilendu

Hello,

I have run into a very interesting problem.
I am using activePerl 5.6.1 on windows.I currently need the Module
DateTime::Format::Epoch to convert any give date to its corresponding
Epoch value.

I searched the PPM.active.perl site
(http://ppm.activestate.com/BuildStatus/5.6-A.html)
it is listed that this build has failed for windows. This particular
site was been last updated on 19th Nov 2003. I also check the CPAN
site for the latest test results on this module:
http://testers.cpan.org/show/DateTim...mat-Epoch-0.06

it shows that the build has passed yesterday ie 27.11.2003. Here is a
portion of the details on the site

Newsgroups: perl.cpan.testers
To: cpan-testers[at]perl.org
Subject: PASS DateTime-Format-Epoch-0.06 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread 4.0
Date: 27 Nov 2003 07:26:14 +0000
From: barbie[at]missbarbell.co.uk (Barbie)

But when i try to install the module from PPM. i get an error message

missing base.....(could not read the whole message) and the ppm>
prompt window closes this happens even when i do a search for the
module on ppm prompt.

what could be the possible reason for this please suggest. Is it that
this module is still not available for windows? If yes please suggest
me of any other module that will do the same job for me. to be precise
I want a function that would convert any date i give to its
corresponding Epoch value.

Thanks and wating for response with crossed fingures

regrads,

Nilendu

Bob Walton

Nilendu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have run into a very interesting problem.
> I am using activePerl 5.6.1 on windows.I currently need the Module

------------------------^^^^^
That's a bit old now. Modules being checked out and ported these days
are probably only showing up on Perl 5.8 PPM sites (compiled modules
need to be recompiled between 5.6.1 and 5.8, so there are various
versions of PPM sites).

> DateTime::Format::Epoch to convert any give date to its corresponding
> Epoch value.

> Nilendu

There are other modules which will accomplish this task which are more
tried and true (and available for Perl 5.6.1). You might try
Date::Manip (my favorite) or Date::Calc . Note that you may have to
define $ENV{TZ} in order for Date::Manip to work since you are running
on Windoze.

--
Bob Walton

Performance Porblem in a constructor nickthebish@hotmail.com ASP .Net 1 01-24-2009 07:20 AM
One Porblem solved/One continues teak A+ Certification 0 05-27-2007 04:13 AM
win32com.client Excel Color Porblem Ray Python 2 05-03-2007 11:42 AM
Porblem editing makefile Raffounz C++ 1 09-14-2006 01:18 PM
PLEASE PLEASE HELP - Castor porblem Gandu Java 0 01-08-2004 01:01 PM

Advertisments