Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > how to find directory

how to find directory

lucas

I'm running my script from various places on the hard drive. How can I find
the directory that the script actually sits.

Say if my script is in /home/lucas/script
and I run it from /home/lucas/dl/temp

Is there a way to find the /home/lucas/script???

thx
--
lucas
-------------------------

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

lucas wrote:
> I'm running my script from various places on the hard drive. How
> can I find the directory that the script actually sits.
>
> Say if my script is in /home/lucas/script
> and I run it from /home/lucas/dl/temp
>
> Is there a way to find the /home/lucas/script???

You posted almost the same question a few hours ago, and you got
guidance. Why did you start this new thread??

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

lucas

I appologized in the other thread. I was not sure it if it had posted,
because I couldn't find it, and it was not in my 'Outbox'
--
lucas