Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Problem with IO::Socket::INET and pop

Problem with IO::Socket::INET and pop

Joe

"A. Sinan Unur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns9432BF749A82asu1cornelledu@132.236.56.8>. ..
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Joe) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m:
>
> > Ben Morrow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:<boueo5$9cp$(E-Mail Removed)>...

> are you sure $Port == 110 at this point?

> > For $! I get 'Bad file number' and for $@ 'IO::Socket::INET:
> > Connection refused'

> That means your script could not connect to $ServerName on that port.
> Could it be a firewall issue? This does not seem to have much to do with
> Perl.
>
> Sinan.

Yeah ... it used to work with port 110 for the POP server.

The thing is that Outlook can connect fine and it is using the same
protocol and port to connect to that server.

I do sit behind a firewall but if the machine on which the script runs
does not have a firewall there should not be a problem ... right?
Maybe I'm wrong and even if the page that calls the script is behind a
firewall there is a problem.

Thanks,
Joe