Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > calling XS(function) from C

calling XS(function) from C

Penguinista

I'm embeding perl in a C program and using swig to generate an
interface. One of the generated functions is XS(boot_module) to
initialize the extension functions in perl, and intended to be called
from perl in a module bootstrap operation. In my case I want to call it
from C code. I've gotten a kludge that to works on my system, but
breaks on a different system. Is there a 'proper' way to make this call?

Ilya Zakharevich

Penguinista
<(E-Mail Removed)>], who wrote in article <3fac25e8$0$22655$(E-Mail Removed)>:
> I'm embeding perl in a C program and using swig to generate an
> interface. One of the generated functions is XS(boot_module) to
> initialize the extension functions in perl, and intended to be called
> from perl in a module bootstrap operation. In my case I want to call it
> from C code. I've gotten a kludge that to works on my system, but
> breaks on a different system. Is there a 'proper' way to make this call?

Did you look how XSLoader does it?

Yours,
Ilya