Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Persisting values on a webform

Persisting values on a webform

John

Hi

I am reading a context value (passed by calling page) in a web form. In page
load I read it using
x.text = CType(Context.Items("Calling_Page"), String). x being a textbox on
the webform. Neither x nor Context.Items("Calling_Page") has any value in
the click event of a button. How can I persist the value between the page
load and the button click events on the same web form? I have tried using a
public variable but that is cleared before the button click event for some
reason too.

Thanks

Regards

Xavier Pacheco

This was a link just posted recently on doing this.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/is...tate/default.a
spx

--
Xavier Pacheco