Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > nested loop.

nested loop.

Richard S Beckett

Guys,

I have a while(1) loop, that contains another while(1) loop.

If I put a next command in the outer loop, everything is fine. As soon as I
added a next command to the inner loop, everything went wrong. Is the next
acting on the outer loop, rather than the inner one, and if so, how can I
make it act on the inner one?

Thanks.
--
R.
GPLRank +79.699

Richard S Beckett

Ah! Found the problem!

Sorry.

(Because I was using a while(1) loop, I was manually incrementing my
counter, and when I inserted the next command, the counter was never
incremented, so the loop got stuck on the same operator. D'oh!)
--
R.
GPLRank +79.699

> Guys,
>
> I have a while(1) loop, that contains another while(1) loop.
>
> If I put a next command in the outer loop, everything is fine. As soon as

> added a next command to the inner loop, everything went wrong. Is the next
> acting on the outer loop, rather than the inner one, and if so, how can I
> make it act on the inner one?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> R.
> GPLRank +79.699

A. Sinan Unur

"Richard S Beckett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bodu5l$1q8$(E-Mail Removed):

> Ah! Found the problem!
>
> Sorry.
>
> (Because I was using a while(1) loop, I was manually incrementing my
> counter, and when I inserted the next command, the counter was never
> incremented, so the loop got stuck on the same operator. D'oh!)

We are so happy for you. However, please read the posting quidelines
(available at http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml). Post code
instead of trying to verbally describe your code and then summarize your
problem if you want anyone else to be able to help you.

Sinan.

Tad McClellan

A. Sinan Unur <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Richard S Beckett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:bodu5l$1q8$(E-Mail Removed):

>> Sorry.

> However, please read the posting quidelines

I think you are "talking to the hand" in this case.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas