Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Anybody using PERL to control their house ?

Anybody using PERL to control their house ?

Andrew Rich \(VK4TEC\)

Anybody using automation and control ?

Tassilo v. Parseval

Also sprach Andrew Rich (VK4TEC):

> Anybody using automation and control ?

In a broader sense, in that I use it to control my computer which is
part of my household (and that replaces TV and radio).

I heard some rumours according to which Larry would have a Perl-controllable
coffee-machine.

Tassilo

brianr@liffe.com

"Andrew Rich \(VK4TEC\)" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Anybody using automation and control ?

Have a look at:

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=x10&mode=all

HTH

--
Brian Raven
P.S. I suppose I really should be nicer to people today, considering

Bill

"Tassilo v. Parseval" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bntaoh$6kr$(E-Mail Removed)-Aachen.DE>...
> Also sprach Andrew Rich (VK4TEC):
>
> > Anybody using automation and control ?

> In a broader sense, in that I use it to control my computer which is
> part of my household (and that replaces TV and radio).
>
> I heard some rumours according to which Larry would have a Perl-controllable
> coffee-machine.
>
> Tassilo

You might want to check out the Perl source code for Misterhouse. It's
been available at http://misterhouse.net/.