Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > ssh2+checksum+ perl module ?

ssh2+checksum+ perl module ?

zeke03

Hello,

I would like to work on ssh and checksum. In fact, this is what i would like to
do :

- chekcsum files to send on the local server
- send files + checksum files by ssh (ssh2) to the distant server
- connect to the distant server by ssh (the public key are ok) to do a checksum
on the files which were send
- compare the two checksums

=> so, my questions is : is there a perl module that allow such things ?!
which one ?

Thanks a lot !

Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/

James Willmore

On 30 Oct 2003 15:57:55 GMT
zeke03 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would like to work on ssh and checksum. In fact, this is what i
> would like to
> do :
>
> - chekcsum files to send on the local server
> - send files + checksum files by ssh (ssh2) to the distant server
> - connect to the distant server by ssh (the public key are ok) to do
> a checksum on the files which were send
> - compare the two checksums
>
> => so, my questions is : is there a perl module that allow such
> things ?!
> which one ?

Net::SSH and Net::SCP modules - for the ssh part of your post.

Any one of the Digest modules _should_ fit the bill for the checksum.

You can find other module to your liking by using the search on
http://search.cpan.org/

HTH

--
Jim

for more information.

a fortune quote ...
"Nirvana? Thats the place where the powers that be and their
<friends hang out. -- Zonker Harris