Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Mason pipeline style

Mason pipeline style

Matija Papec

http://www.perl.com/lpt/a/2001/08/21/templating.html
>While the documentation mostly demonstrates a callback execution model, it is possible to use Mason in a pipeline style.

I would like to use Mason in pipeline style like described in article
(templates are strictly separated from code). Can someone show such examples
with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit?
tia!

--
Matija

Bob X

"Matija Papec" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.perl.com/lpt/a/2001/08/21/templating.html
> >While the documentation mostly demonstrates a callback execution model,

it is possible to use Mason in a pipeline style.

> I would like to use Mason in pipeline style like described in article
> (templates are strictly separated from code). Can someone show such

examples
> with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit?
> tia!
>

> --
> Matija

Look at HTML::Template as well. CGI::Application is great as well.

ko

Matija Papec <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> http://www.perl.com/lpt/a/2001/08/21/templating.html
> >While the documentation mostly demonstrates a callback execution model, it is possible to use Mason in a pipeline style.

> I would like to use Mason in pipeline style like described in article
> (templates are strictly separated from code). Can someone show such examples
> with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit?
> tia!

Don't know if you already know about this site, but have you looked here?

http://www.masonbook.com/

HTH - keith

Matija Papec

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (ko) wrote:
>> with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit?
>> tia!

>Don't know if you already know about this site, but have you looked here?
>
>http://www.masonbook.com/

Yes, didn't read whole book yet but did some examples,
http://www.masonbook.com/source/

--
Matija

Matija Papec

"Bob X" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (templates are strictly separated from code). Can someone show such

>examples
>> with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit?
>> tia!

>Look at HTML::Template as well. CGI::Application is great as well.

Tnx, I'm in position to pick one templating framework and then stick to it
(there should be no regrets after such decision ) Mason looks good as it
promises scalability for building large sites but I would like to stay away
from perl_interlaced_with_html nightmare. Can your combination handle well
large projects?

--
Matija