Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Recursive inheritance after using h2xs

Recursive inheritance after using h2xs

Ken Weaverling

I'm going a bit nuts after trying to build a package with h2xs and
getting the error...

Recursive inheritance detected while looking for method 'import' in package...

I tried to simplify it down as much as possible, so I took the "empty
subclass test" example out of Perl Cookbook, section 13.9 and plugged
it into the .pm file produced by h2xs and get the above error soon as
I try to call new from a script that uses that package.

All the texts I've read show how to do classes, packages, modules,
but nothing seems to put it all together!

A gentle nudge would be must appreciated. Thanks

--

Ken Weaverling (ken @ weaverling.org) WHOIS: KJW http://www.weaverling.org/

Ken Weaverling

In article <bmuhbs$5mu$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Ken Weaverling <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I'm going a bit nuts after trying to build a package with h2xs and
>getting the error...
>
>Recursive inheritance detected while looking for method 'import' in package...

Looks like if I do something like....

Package Subclass;
@Subclass::ISA('ParentClass');

.... then it all works as intended -- I think...

Now to try and fold this into my larger project...

--

Ken Weaverling (ken @ weaverling.org) WHOIS: KJW http://www.weaverling.org/

h2xs -Oxan ... fails when processing GNU/Linux /usr/include/stdio.h freeholder Perl Misc 3 08-04-2006 12:17 AM
h2xs Hale Perl 0 12-20-2003 10:19 AM
5.8.0 h2xs seems broken wrt. library arguments Clint Olsen Perl Misc 1 10-16-2003 06:57 AM
Compiling the h2xs way. kspecial@linuxmail.org Perl Misc 2 07-09-2003 03:53 PM
Compiling with H2XS. kspecial@linuxmail.org Perl 0 07-07-2003 10:53 PM

Advertisments