Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > 5.8.0 h2xs seems broken wrt. library arguments

5.8.0 h2xs seems broken wrt. library arguments

Clint Olsen

Hi:

The docpage for h2xs states that any extra library arguments required
(libraries and such) should follow any headerfile arguments. However, when
I do this h2xs complains that -L and -l arguments are "unknown".

Thanks,

-Clint

Tassilo v. Parseval

Also sprach Clint Olsen:

> The docpage for h2xs states that any extra library arguments required
> (libraries and such) should follow any headerfile arguments. However, when
> I do this h2xs complains that -L and -l arguments are "unknown".

A while back I complained about the same thing and provided a patch to
sync h2xs' behaviour with the docs. So this is now fixed for 5.8.1's
h2xs.

It was not a very serious bug though. Just leave off any -l/-L arguments
and instead stuff them into Makefile.PL as the value for LIBS. This is
what h2xs is doing right now, too.

Tassilo

h2xs -Oxan ... fails when processing GNU/Linux /usr/include/stdio.h freeholder Perl Misc 3 08-04-2006 12:17 AM
h2xs Hale Perl 0 12-20-2003 10:19 AM
Recursive inheritance after using h2xs Ken Weaverling Perl Misc 1 10-19-2003 06:50 PM
Compiling the h2xs way. kspecial@linuxmail.org Perl Misc 2 07-09-2003 03:53 PM
Compiling with H2XS. kspecial@linuxmail.org Perl 0 07-07-2003 10:53 PM

Advertisments