Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > How to parse e-mail messages?

How to parse e-mail messages?

Experienced but Undocumented

Is there a PERL module that will parse raw e-mail messages? I'm using
Net:OP3 to download them off a server, but I would like to strip any HTML
or Rich Text and just leave plain text.

Thanks if anyone can offer suggestions.

Anno Siegel

Experienced but Undocumented <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> Is there a PERL module that will parse raw e-mail messages? I'm using

Lots. When you search CPAN for "Mail" and "Email", you'll find them.

> Net:OP3 to download them off a server, but I would like to strip any HTML
> or Rich Text and just leave plain text.

A mail module is unlikely to understand HTML or RTF. While you're at it,
search for those keywords too.

Anno

Experienced but Undocumented

I found a module to do the work. Mime:arser works well. Thanks, Anno,
for your suggestions, too

Graham