Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Looking for a search engine submit script

Looking for a search engine submit script

Public Interest

The most recent ones I can find online is as out of date as 2001. What I am
looking for is something like http://www.addpro.com/submit30.htm

But even this most recent "free tool" has 3-4 out of date links.

I remember on http://www.jimworld.com/tools/ there was a free tool, but he
took it out of his website and he never released the source code.

Basically, anyone who kept track of url submiting syntax on different search
engines can write a Perl or HTML tools easily...

James Willmore

"Public Interest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bF8gb.166115$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> The most recent ones I can find online is as out of date as 2001. What I am
> looking for is something like http://www.addpro.com/submit30.htm
>
> But even this most recent "free tool" has 3-4 out of date links.
>
> I remember on http://www.jimworld.com/tools/ there was a free tool, but he
> took it out of his website and he never released the source code.
>
> Basically, anyone who kept track of url submiting syntax on different search
> engines can write a Perl or HTML tools easily...

There are a few different methods you could use if you were to write your own.

Pre-made scripts/applications _may_ be available at http://freshmeat.net

HTH

Jim

Public Interest

Do you know anything about freshmeat.net and sourceforge.net? Are they
similar and S is bigger than F? Heard IBM bought sourceforge.net.

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> "Public Interest" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<bF8gb.166115$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > The most recent ones I can find online is as out of date as 2001. What I

am
> > looking for is something like http://www.addpro.com/submit30.htm
> >
> > But even this most recent "free tool" has 3-4 out of date links.
> >
> > I remember on http://www.jimworld.com/tools/ there was a free tool, but

he
> > took it out of his website and he never released the source code.
> >
> > Basically, anyone who kept track of url submiting syntax on different

search
> > engines can write a Perl or HTML tools easily...

> There are a few different methods you could use if you were to write your

own.

> Pre-made scripts/applications _may_ be available at http://freshmeat.net
>
> HTH
>
> Jim

Tad McClellan

Public Interest <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Do you know anything about freshmeat.net and sourceforge.net? Are they
> similar and S is bigger than F? Heard IBM bought sourceforge.net.

Please do not make off-topic posts.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas