Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > browsing perl docs

browsing perl docs

Sam

Hello
I have perl 5.6 in a debian box, mozilla installed. how can I browse and
read package documentations that are on my system?

thanks

Stefan

You could try podtohtml on CPAN.

Stefan

Sam wrote:

> Hello
> I have perl 5.6 in a debian box, mozilla installed. how can I browse and
> read package documentations that are on my system?
>
> thanks

Andreas Kahari

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Sam wrote:
> Hello
> I have perl 5.6 in a debian box, mozilla installed. how can I browse and
> read package documentations that are on my system?

If you have the dwww and perl-doc packages installed and if
you're running your own local web server, then try going to
http://localhost/dwww/ (or if that was http://localhost/doc/)
and locate your perl documentation there.

It was some time ago I ran a Debian system though... things
might have changed.

--
Andreas Kähäri