Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Newbie need help with Perl & SNMP

Newbie need help with Perl & SNMP

stewart dunn

Hi,
We have several large class B subnets of which we wish to poll-4 snmp
variables in total (not Sys Uptime). I'm looking for some sort of script
(based on Perl?) that will take each devices IP address in turn from a
previously composed text/csv file, poll each device in question and
return the results to another text/csv file. This script will have to be
capable of running against >10,000 devices. I can't find anything
commercial that can cope with this scale as they seem to run out of
""puff"" before the run completes. Even a script that could use smaller
list's of IP's that could rest between runs would be good.
Can anybody help?

Perl Pro but Java Newbie: Need nudge in proper direction for myfavorite Perl routine in Java /usr/ceo Java 32 09-15-2008 12:12 AM
SNMP module to query net-snmp milaus Perl Misc 3 08-31-2006 03:31 PM
Net::SNMP - Newbie Help Rob Perl Misc 3 04-18-2005 02:47 PM
SNMP configuration help for newbie Nic Cisco 1 07-29-2004 09:42 PM
SNMP - Cisco - SNMP news.easynews.com Cisco 0 03-04-2004 10:44 PM

Advertisments