Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > More newbie questions about Perl

More newbie questions about Perl

News.Individual.NET

Ok... that was just confusing. Let's start with something basic that I
don't get. In the beginning of the Llama, the authors said something about
a command like $chmod a.x my_program but then... if I'm still running under
XP and not linux yet, wtf do I do with this command??? Then some of the
basic I/O stuff I still don't get... like, when you call the invocation
arguments to the actual program, how do you specify a program? I didn't get
it from the Llama... And one last thing, I have Active Perl 5.6.1 or
whatever they're on now, but how do I install and work Modules?

Thanks, much.
Evan C

James Willmore

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 04:48:19 GMT
James Willmore <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> documentation. Or, use bot. Just don't rely fully on _a_ book to

should be:
documentation. Or, use both. Just don't rely fully on _a_ book to

--
Jim
---

a fortune quote ...
PL/1, "the fatal disease", belongs more to the problem set
than to the solution set. -- E. W. Dijkstra