Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > show real time alert when data entered in a table in database

show real time alert when data entered in a table in database

=?Utf-8?B?cmFuYQ==?=

Is there you to show message to all asp.net users when any data get entered
in a table in the database.
Just to give an idea I am trying to show Outlook webaccess style alert that
it shows when new mails come.

bruce barker

outlook does it by polling the mailserver. you web page can do the same
though a metatag or javascript.basically refresh itself every x seconds.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"rana" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there you to show message to all asp.net users when any data get

entered
> in a table in the database.
> Just to give an idea I am trying to show Outlook webaccess style alert

that
> it shows when new mails come.

=?Utf-8?B?cmFuYQ==?=

Actually I do not want a refresh after constant time. I want to notify when
new data is added to database.