Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > Anyway to Kill virus email on my Host Mailbox automatically?

Reply
Thread Tools

Anyway to Kill virus email on my Host Mailbox automatically?

 
 
Dennis@NoSpam.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2003
In the last two days I've been unindated with 100+ virus .pif and .scr
attachment emails from forged return addresses.

The real address from the headers is SANJIVSA (dt140n11.tampabay.rr.com
[24.92.192.17]) for all the virus emails.

I emailed http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) over ten times with copies and headers of the virus email
but to no avail. They just ignore.

I would like to install a perl program on the Unix host computer that would
search the headers of all incoming emails that are put into my mail box and
delete the email with selected headers that I choose.

My Host computer is a Unix box and I have access to the mail client. How would
I go about installing a perl program to do the above?

TIA for any help or direction you can give me.

Dennis

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
James Willmore
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-21-2003
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:40:44 -0500
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> In the last two days I've been unindated with 100+ virus .pif and
> .scr attachment emails from forged return addresses.


So have a lot of places.

>
> The real address from the headers is SANJIVSA
> (dt140n11.tampabay.rr.com[24.92.192.17]) for all the virus emails.
>
> I emailed (E-Mail Removed) over ten times with copies and headers of the
> virus email but to no avail. They just ignore.


Probably trying to deal with the influx of "junk" out there within the
last two weeks - give it time

>
> I would like to install a perl program on the Unix host computer
> that would search the headers of all incoming emails that are put
> into my mail box and delete the email with selected headers that I
> choose.
>
> My Host computer is a Unix box and I have access to the mail client.
> How would
> I go about installing a perl program to do the above?
>
> TIA for any help or direction you can give me.


My suggestion is to install spamassassin. Do NOT just blindly add the
domain to your blacklist. Depending on what's in the header and/or
body of the message, you may not need to go that far. Read the
directions for installing spammassassin. And if you need further
direction, they have a mailing list and FAQ you can look over.

The URL is:
http://spamassassin.rediris.es/index.html

HTH

Jim
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
David Efflandt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-22-2003
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:40:44 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In the last two days I've been unindated with 100+ virus .pif and .scr
> attachment emails from forged return addresses.
>
> The real address from the headers is SANJIVSA (dt140n11.tampabay.rr.com
> [24.92.192.17]) for all the virus emails.
>
> I emailed (E-Mail Removed) over ten times with copies and headers of the virus email
> but to no avail. They just ignore.
>
> I would like to install a perl program on the Unix host computer that would
> search the headers of all incoming emails that are put into my mail box and
> delete the email with selected headers that I choose.
>
> My Host computer is a Unix box and I have access to the mail client. How would
> I go about installing a perl program to do the above?


So configure procmail recipes (see 'man procmail' and 'man procmailex').
The following .procmairc recipes get rid of a bunch of worms.

:0
* ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:.*base64
* name=.*\.(bat|exe|pif|scr|vbs)
$TRASH

:0 B
* ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:.*base64
{
:0 B
* name=.*\.(bat|exe|pif|scr|vbs)
$TRASH

:0 B
* name=.*your_details\.zip
$TRASH
}

--
David Efflandt - All spam ignored http://www.de-srv.com/
http://www.autox.chicago.il.us/ http://www.berniesfloral.net/
http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/ http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Convert All Email Messages to Tasks for a Specific Mailbox =?Utf-8?B?Y29kZU1vbms=?= Microsoft Certification 0 01-04-2005 03:07 PM
KILL BABY KILL widescreen drsd2kill DVD Video 3 11-29-2004 09:36 PM
Bava's KILL BABY KILL widescreen drsd2kill DVD Video 0 11-27-2004 12:04 AM
only email from my home mailbox is unable to reach my work email system coontrax Computer Support 0 02-09-2004 03:22 AM
Script to remove SoBig/F virus from POP3 mailbox Alex Python 5 08-25-2003 05:55 PM



Advertisments