Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > passing in parameters

passing in parameters

Tommy

i'm new to asp.net, and i need to create a link in an email that will
pass to a web page the email address as a parameter. I'm not sure how
to grab the parameter from the web page? thanks!

Curt_C [MVP]

link
http://www.yoursite.com/page.aspx?email=(E-Mail Removed)

in page
string Email = Request.QueryString("email");

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"Tommy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i'm new to asp.net, and i need to create a link in an email that will pass
> to a web page the email address as a parameter. I'm not sure how to grab
> the parameter from the web page? thanks!

Tommy

thanks for the help, but i'm getting an error with
Request.QueryString("email");
QueryString is underlined in blue and it says denotes a property where a
method was expected?

Curt_C [MVP] wrote:

> link
> http://www.yoursite.com/page.aspx?email=(E-Mail Removed)
>

> in page
> string Email = Request.QueryString("email");

bruce barker

in c# its:

string Email = Request.QueryString["email"];

"Tommy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks for the help, but i'm getting an error with
> Request.QueryString("email");
> QueryString is underlined in blue and it says denotes a property where a
> method was expected?
>
> Curt_C [MVP] wrote:
>
> > link
> > http://www.yoursite.com/page.aspx?email=(E-Mail Removed)
> >

> > in page
> > string Email = Request.QueryString("email");

Curt_C [MVP]

my bad... mixing ASP and ASP.NET again... [] not ()

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com