Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Perl Misc > CGI is not so hard

CGI is not so hard

Jürgen Exner

Hudson wrote:
[3 articles, all follow ups to his own articles]

What is wrong? Do you always talk to yourself?

jue

Tassilo v. Parseval

Also sprach Hudson:

> Why is everyone around here acting like CGI is some big secret? I read
> the RFC's on HTTP, etc...it is no big deal....GET, HEAD, POST, etc...
>
> When you are writing your code, you write it for the method you are using.
>
> You use environment varibles to grab the input from the form.

Huh? Certainly not for POST.

> You don't let untainted stuff into your shell, etc....
>
> So...what's the big deal?
>
> I think you guys are all trying to get contracting jobs and that's why you all
> are acting like this

And somewhere else you ask:

> what kind of programmers are you all? geez......!!

Why don't you find out yourself? To get an idea on what those very
people you are poorly trying to attack have done so far go to
http://search.cpan.org/ and look up their name. After that you'll have a
change to see the code they have written and released. Compare that with
your own works and you'll quickly have to acknowledge that they aren't
as lazy, clueless and unwilling to read RFCs as you try to convey.

Or grep a perl source distribution for their names and learn that some
of them are distributing to the perl-core. That alone makes your
statements utterly ludicrous.

If I do any of the above for your name (which happens to be non-real,
btw), I'm sure I'll come up with nothing.

Tassilo

Hudson

Why is everyone around here acting like CGI is some big secret? I read the RFC's
on HTTP, etc...it is no big deal....GET, HEAD, POST, etc...

When you are writing your code, you write it for the method you are using.

You use environment varibles to grab the input from the form.

You don't let untainted stuff into your shell, etc....

So...what's the big deal?

I think you guys are all trying to get contracting jobs and that's why you all
are acting like this

Hudson

ok...I have really had it with this group...I think this is lame that you all
don't know http or cgi or soap and can only think in modules.

what kind of programmers are you all? geez......!!

Eric J. Roode

Simon Taylor

Hudson wrote:
> ok...I have really had it with this group...I think this is lame that you all
> don't know http or cgi or soap and can only think in modules.
>
> what kind of programmers are you all? geez......!!

Folks, please stop feeding this troll!

If we ignore it long enough, it will get hungry and it will move
away....

Simon Taylor

Hudson

hehe...funny guy

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 06:40:14 GMT, "Jürgen Exner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hudson wrote:
>[3 articles, all follow ups to his own articles]
>
>What is wrong? Do you always talk to yourself?
>
>jue

Hudson

OK, sorry...just the guys that are jumping on me

>Why are you insulting *everyone* in the group for a bunch of conversations
>you've been involved in with a few people over the course of maybe two
>hours? (at least, as far as I can tell, by looking at the headers).
>
>Am I missing something?

Hudson

I'm not a troll...but don't worry, I am not going to continue this.

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 00:27:40 +1000, Simon Taylor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hudson wrote:
>> ok...I have really had it with this group...I think this is lame that you all
>> don't know http or cgi or soap and can only think in modules.
>>
>> what kind of programmers are you all? geez......!!

>Folks, please stop feeding this troll!
>
>If we ignore it long enough, it will get hungry and it will move
>away....
>
>Simon Taylor

Tad McClellan

Hudson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> You use environment varibles to grab the input from the form.

>>Huh? Certainly not for POST.

> read (STDIN, my $input, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});
> my @kv = split (/&/, $input);
> for my $kv (@kv)
>
> etc....that's not just grabbing an environmental varible?

No, that is not just grabbing an environmental varible (sic).

It is also reading input from stdin.

--
Tad McClellan SGML consulting
Fort Worth, Texas